What’s different about Pre-AP implementation in the 2020-21 school year?
Based on the feedback of Partner Schools, we’ve modified the course requirements for Pre-AP.
You’re no longer required to:
- Use the Pre-AP model lessons
- Submit a planning document
- Administer all quizzes (you’re required to administer one quiz (or learning checkpoint) per unit)
- Administer the final exam
- Administer the PSAT/NMSQT
You’ll be required to complete the Course Audit process. To earn the designation for a course, you must agree to these four requirements:
- Pre-AP for All: Pre-AP frameworks and assessments serve as the foundation for all sections of the course at the school.
- Note: Course Audit administrators may request a deferment for the Pre-AP for All requirement through Course Audit. To do so, they must first refrain from establishing any entry barriers (e.g., minimum test scores, previous grades, or teacher recommendation) which could hinder students’ participation in the Pre-AP course. Additionally, they must commit to developing a plan to expand Pre-AP access at their school over time. Please see the Pre-AP for All Planning Guide for additional information.
- Course Frameworks: Teachers align classroom instruction to the course frameworks.
- Assessments: Teachers administer at least 1 learning checkpoint per unit, and 4 performance tasks
- Professional Learning: Teachers and at least 1 administrator per site complete a Pre-AP Summer Institute or the Online Foundational Module Series. Teachers complete at least 1 online scoring module. For the 2020-21 academic year, the Pre-AP Summer Institutes are canceled due to the covid-19 pandemic.
How is the ordering process different for the 2020-21 school year?
The ordering process will be different for the 2020-21 school year. You’ll be emailed an order form, which will honor your current pricing for the Pre-AP courses you’re currently implementing. All teachers for currently offered Pre-AP Courses will receive new teacher resources, as there have been updates to these documents.
Any newly ordered courses will be purchased at the national price of $3,000 per course, with any standard discounts applied. Teacher resources for newly ordered courses will be provided at a 1:120 teacher/student ratio at no charge.
After placing your order, Pre-AP coordinators will need to complete the Participation Form.
It’s important to place your order early, as the in-kind seats for the Pre-AP Summer Institute are limited.