Pre-AP Summer Institute Update
With the health and safety of attendees and consultants top of mind, we have made the decision to cancel our in-person Pre-AP Summer Institutes this year. College Board recognizes the value of live, collaborative learning experiences. As an alternative, we'll launch virtual sessions led by experienced Pre-AP educators to guide participants through the online modules already developed. These virtual sessions will provide opportunities for deeper investigation and collaboration alongside colleagues from your course. Registration for Pre-AP virtual professional learning sessions is open now.
Pre-AP Resources to Support Distance Learning
Given the uncertainty around the opening of schools in the upcoming school year, we have created a variety of teacher and student supports designed to help maintain strong instruction throughout a range of situations. Listed below are new resources becoming available to support distance learning for the 2020-21 school year. Specific locations of resources within Pre-AP Classroom will be posted once they are uploaded and accessible.
These new resources are available for next school year:
- Editable slide decks: Pre-AP model lessons will now have editable slide decks as a companion to the teacher and student resources to support instruction grounded in the shared principles in synchronous and asynchronous settings with students. We are developing decks for English 1 and 2, Algebra 1, Biology, Chemistry, statistics lessons for Geometry with Statistics, and geography lessons for World History and Geography courses. We are prioritizing Unit 1 lessons for summer development.
- Word-format resources: All teacher and student resources will be available in Microsoft Word format to support ease of instruction through print, learning management system (LMS), in-person learning, and distance learning. Now students can create responses digitally or in print.
- Audio-enabled texts: Student-facing primary texts, in all courses, will be available in audio format to support readers and meet a range of needs in face-to-face and distance learning.
- Pre-AP Professional Learning support:
- Virtual Foundations Cohorts: As part of the program requirements, new Pre-AP teachers must complete the Online Foundational Module Series. New Pre-AP educators will also have the option to join free Virtual Foundations Cohorts, which extend learning from the on-demand Online Foundational Module Series. These live, virtual classes provide an opportunity for teachers to plan for their course and collaborate with Pre-AP National Faculty and peers.
- Summer Learning Webinar Series: We are offering a series of free webinars to provide relevant strategies, share best practices, show educators how to integrate partner programs like Quill and Wordplay, and help educators prepare for the 2020-21 academic year in light of the current environment.
- Support for formative assessment: In the “Planning for 2020-21” Summer Learning Webinars, STEM courses will highlight core content knowledge and skills from prior coursework that helps bolster student success and offer just-in-time teaching or targeted practice to help teachers maximize their efforts in supporting all learners’ needs. Humanities courses will address how to leverage formative assessment opportunities to identify student needs and provide meaningful opportunities for instruction.
Coronavirus Updates for All College Board Programs
Get up-to-date information on all the changes for students and educators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).