Pre-AP Summer Institute Update
With the health and safety of attendees and consultants top of mind, we have made the decision to cancel our in-person Pre-AP Summer Institutes this year. College Board recognizes the value of live, collaborative learning experiences. As an alternative, we'll launch virtual sessions led by experienced Pre-AP educators to guide participants through the online modules already developed. These virtual sessions will provide opportunities for deeper investigation and collaboration alongside colleagues from your course. Registration for Pre-AP virtual professional learning sessions is open now.
Pre-AP Resources to Support Distance Learning
Given the uncertainty around the opening of schools in the upcoming school year, we have created a variety of teacher and student supports designed to help maintain strong instruction throughout a range of situations. Listed below are new resources becoming available to support distance learning for the 2020-21 school year. Specific locations of resources within Pre-AP Classroom will be posted once they are uploaded and accessible.
These new resources are available this summer:
- Distance Learning Companion Slides: Pre-AP model lessons will now have editable slide decks as a companion to the teacher and student resources to allow for ease of instruction in synchronous and asynchronous settings with students. The following slide decks will be available in August: Unit 1 for English 1 and 2, Algebra 1, Geometry with Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, and geography lessons for World History and Geography courses available on Pre-AP Classroom. These companion slides will be available in mid-August.
- Audio-enabled texts: Student-facing primary texts, in all courses, will be available in audio format to support readers and meet a range of needs in face-to-face and distance learning. We are prioritizing Units 1 and 2 to be available in mid-August, with Units 3 and 4 following.
- Pre-AP Professional Learning support:
- Virtual Foundations Cohorts: As part of the program requirements, new Pre-AP teachers must complete the Online Foundational Module Series. New Pre-AP educators will also have the option to join free Virtual Foundations Cohorts, which extend learning from the on-demand Online Foundational Module Series. These live, virtual classes provide an opportunity for teachers to plan for their course and collaborate with Pre-AP National Faculty and peers.
- Summer Learning Webinar Series: We are offering a series of free webinars to provide relevant strategies, share best practices, learn how to integrate partner programs like Quill and Wordplay, and help educators prepare for the 2020-21 academic year in light of the current environment.
- Support for formative assessment: The “Planning for 2020-21” Summer Learning Webinar Series will highlight the range of formative assessment opportunities that can help identify specific areas where students may need additional support in light of disruptions to the 2019-20 school year. Examples of how to address these areas and offer just-in-time teaching or targeted practice for core concepts and skills will be provided to help teachers maximize their efforts in supporting all learners’ needs.
Coronavirus Updates for All College Board Programs
Get up-to-date information on all the changes for students and educators affected by coronavirus.