Fee Structure: National Launch in 2020-21
There is an annual fee of $3,000 per Pre-AP course per school site in English, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
Because of our belief that the Arts is an integral part of a student’s education, the College Board is pleased to offer Pre-AP Arts courses in Dance, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts at no additional charge to schools that purchase a Pre-AP course in Algebra 1, Geometry with Statistics, English 1 or 2, Biology, Chemistry or World History & Geography.
Get more information on how your school can offer Pre-AP courses.
What's Included in the Price?
- Full-year course framework
- Digital instructional resources for each course
- 1 set of teacher print materials
- 1 print copy of Pre-AP coordinator's guide
- 8 digital assessments per course
- 4 student performance tasks per course
- 1 digital final exam per course (Only available in Algebra 1, English 1, Biology, and World History and Geography for 2020-21)
Development for Pre-AP Teachers
- Online professional learning modules
- For the 2020-21 school year only, the College Board will waive the registration fee for 4-day Pre-AP Summer Institutes for Pre-AP teachers in your school/district (limits apply). Additional seats may be purchased for $495. These seats will be available for use during the summer of 2021 due to the covid-19 pandemic.
- 4 Pre-AP Arts course(s) at no additional fee
- Official Pre-AP course designation
Print student materials cost an additional $5 per student
- Current SpringBoard curriculum school or district:
- 50% off of course price (may not be combined with any other discount)
- All other schools:
- Purchase 3 Pre-AP courses: 10% off of course price
- Purchase 4 or more Pre-AP courses: 20% off of course price
- Multiyear Agreement:
- 3-year agreement: 2% off of course price
- 4-year agreement: 3% off of course price
- 5-year agreement: 5% off of course price