The Pre-AP Program requires that all new teachers of Pre-AP complete professional learning. There are two ways to fulfill this requirement:
- Online, by completing a course-specific Pre-AP Online Foundational Module Series followed by at least one course-specific online scoring module
- In person, by attending a Pre-AP Summer Institute followed by at least one course-specific online scoring module
Available for free on Pre-AP Classroom, the Online Foundational Module Series supports teachers as they prepare for their Pre-AP course—taking them through a course-specific series that highlights best practices for teaching Pre-AP. The entire series can be completed in 12–20 hours.
|Pre-AP Teacher Online Foundational Module Series|
|Module 1: Welcome to Pre-AP|
|Module 2: Your Course Framework and Areas of Focus|
|Module 3: The Power of Shared Principles|
|Module 4: Introduction to Pre-AP Instructional Resources|
|Module 5: Exploring Model Lessons|
|Module 6: Pre-AP Assessment Opportunities|
|Module 7: Examining Learning Checkpoints|
|Module 8: Building Your Course|
How to Access Online Foundational Modules in Pre-AP Classroom
- Complete the Course Audit. Remember, in order to access Pre-AP Classroom, you need to be approved as the teacher by your Course Audit administrator.
- Log in at https://myap.collegeboard.org/login.
- Select Go to Pre-AP Classroom for your course.
- Select Professional Learning from the top navigation menu.
- Select the professional learning module series for your course.
- Use the arrows to see the units and sessions within each module. Select the Play button to launch your session.
- Upon completing each module, a link will appear so that you can download your certificate of continuing education units (CEUs).
For additional support, use the Help button in Pre-AP Classroom, or email [email protected].