Pre-AP Summer Institutes provide the most comprehensive professional learning available for new Pre-AP teachers, and completion of the institutes fulfills the first part of the professional learning commitment. These institutes empower participants to prepare and plan to teach their Pre-AP course, so they’re ready on day one of instruction. Participants gain new skills and insights with a supportive peer network and expert National Faculty, while developing connections within the Pre-AP community. CEUs are granted upon completion of the institutes.
- Examine the course framework, assessments, teacher materials, and student learning supports.
- Analyze how Pre-AP instructional design supports all students in achieving success in AP, college, and beyond.
- Apply the course areas of focus and the Pre-AP shared principles to yearlong planning and classroom instruction.
- 4 consecutive days
- Designated locations within the U.S.
- Fee: $800/person
- 4 2-hour classes
- Hybrid experience of asynchronous and synchronous learning
- Asynchronous completion of the Online Foundational Modules, including design tasks for your classroom, combined with synchronous collaborative learning experience
- Fee: $175/person
See the Resources section below for the agendas/syllabus for both the in-person and virtual summer institutes.
Summer Institutes Calendar and Registration
Registration is open for virtual institutes. The deadline for registration is four weeks before the start date for in person and three days prior to the start date for virtual. Attendance is limited to schools that have purchased Pre-AP courses from College Board.
In this workshop, Pre-AP leaders internalize the program’s four commitments and the purpose of each. They will explore best practices and resources available to support teachers and students. This paid workshop is six hours and held on day four of the Pre-AP Summer Institute.