Pre-AP National Faculty members are College Board–endorsed educators who facilitate Pre-AP readiness workshops across the United States and around the world. They help educators internalize Pre-AP content, practices, and routines.
If you earn the Pre-AP National Faculty endorsement, you’ll get to:
- Exchange ideas with colleagues.
- Support your colleagues in the teaching community.
- Help students beyond your classroom.
- Receive a stipend for your work.
To be eligible to join the Pre-AP National Faculty, you must:
- Be an active or retired teacher
- Have at least four full years of experience as a K–12 educator in the subject area for which you are applying.
- Have a strong record of student achievement in your classroom.
- Have experience leading professional learning with peers.
- Be able to reserve at least four weeks of availability to facilitate workshops for the College Board in summer 2018 (May–August).
- Be able to attend the Pre-AP Faculty Training Institute May 19–21, 2018.
Before you begin your application, be sure to review the new Pre-AP program and course descriptions.
Then fill out the application form.
Initial applications are due by January 1, 2018. The application process will run annually.
Round 1: Initial applications are due by January 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis if they have advanced to Round 2. Applicants will be selected to advance to Round 2 based on their qualifications and the program’s needs in content and course areas.
Round 2: Applicants who advance to Round 2 will be asked to submit a 10-minute clip of their classroom instruction. They will also have to submit two references. Reference forms and videos are due by February 15, 2018. Applicants may also be asked to complete a short phone interview with a member of the College Board Pre-AP team.
Finalists will be notified on April 2, 2018, and invited to attend our Pre-AP National Faculty Training Institute May 19–21, 2018, at a location to be announced. Successful completion of this training institute will result in an appointment to the Pre-AP National Faculty.