Pre-AP National Faculty members are College Board–endorsed educators who facilitate Pre-AP professional learning experiences across the United States and around the world. They help educators internalize Pre-AP content, practices, and routines.
If you earn the Pre-AP National Faculty endorsement, you’ll get to:
- Exchange ideas with colleagues.
- Support your colleagues in the teaching community.
- Help students beyond your classroom.
- Receive a stipend for your work.
To be eligible to join the Pre-AP National Faculty, you must:
- Be an active or retired teacher.
- Have at least three full years of experience as a K–12 educator in the subject area for which you are applying.
- Have a strong record of student achievement in your classroom.
- Have experience leading professional learning with peers.
- Be able to attend the Pre-AP National Faculty Institute.
The Pre-AP National Faculty application opens on September 20, 2019, and the first round of the application is due January 3, 2020. Apply here.
Please check back for updates and future opportunities. For more information, you can view the new Pre-AP program and course descriptions online now.
Round 1: Applicants complete an initial application. Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis if they have advanced to Round 2. Applicants will be selected to advance to Round 2 based on their qualifications and the program’s needs in content and course areas.
Round 2: Applicants who advance to Round 2 will be asked to submit a 10-minute clip of their classroom instruction. They will also have to submit two references. Applicants may be asked to complete a short phone interview with a member of the College Board Pre-AP team.
Finalists are invited to attend our Pre-AP National Faculty Institute in the spring. Date and location are to be announced. Successful completion of this training institute will result in an appointment to the Pre-AP National Faculty.