Pre-AP National Faculty members are College Board–endorsed educators who facilitate Pre-AP professional learning experiences across the United States and around the world. They help educators internalize Pre-AP content, practices, and routines.
If you earn the Pre-AP National Faculty endorsement, you’ll get to:
- Exchange ideas with colleagues.
- Support your colleagues in the teaching community.
- Help students beyond your classroom.
- Receive a stipend for your work.
To be eligible to join the Pre-AP National Faculty, you must:
- Be an active or retired teacher.
- Have at least 3 full years of experience as a K–12 educator in the subject area for which you're applying.
- Have a strong record of student achievement in your classroom.
- Have experience leading professional learning with peers.
- Be able to attend the Pre-AP National Faculty Institute.
The application process is currently closed for the 2019-20 academic year. The Pre-AP National Faculty application will reopen in the fall. Please check back for updates and future opportunities.
Round 1: Applicants complete an initial application. Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis if they have advanced to Round 2. Applicants will be selected to advance to Round 2 based on their qualifications and the program’s needs in content and course areas.
Round 2: Applicants who advance to Round 2 will be asked to submit a 10-minute clip of their classroom instruction. They'll also have to submit two references. Applicants may be asked to complete a short phone interview with a member of the College Board Pre-AP team.
Finalists are invited to attend our Pre-AP National Faculty Institute in the spring. Date and location are to be announced. Successful completion of this training institute will result in an appointment to the Pre-AP National Faculty.