Building Conceptual Understanding Using Analytical Reading and Writing
Focus: Actively engaging in a model lesson that emphasizes analytical reading and writing, participants will practice using Pre-AP shared principles to promote understanding of content-area text and scientific reasoning and justification. They’ll then consider how they can apply this new learning within their own classrooms—with the goal of supporting students as discerning citizens and consumers of scientific information. Participants will:
- Connect the Pre-AP shared principles and science areas of focus to student engagement in gaining, retaining, and applying scientific knowledge.
- Collaboratively plan to support student conceptual understanding through Pre-AP shared principles and science areas of focus.
- Workshops have a maximum of 28 participants and are facilitated by Pre-AP National Faculty.
- Virtual workshops meet twice for 2.5 hours each class.
- In-person workshops (available January 1, 2022) meet on one full day.
- Workshops are available for private purchase by a school, district, or state. The cost of virtual workshops is $2,500 for members and $2,850 for nonmembers. The cost of in-person workshops is $4,600 for members and $5,250 for nonmembers.
- Membership is based on an annual fee paid by your institution. Find the membership status of your institution at Home – Membership | College Board.