Helping Students Under 13 Access Pre-AP Classroom
Why Students Under 13 Need Help
Students under 13 need parental permission to create a College Board account. Their parent or guardian must complete and submit the form—available by download at the bottom of this page—to request an account for their child.
If your school offers more than one Pre-AP course, we recommend that the Pre-AP coordinator manage the distribution of this form.
Why Students Need a College Board Account
Creating a College Board student account gives the student access to Pre-AP Classroom—the College Board online platform, which includes Pre-AP instructional and assessment resources.
Students only need one College Board account—even if they’re enrolled in more than one course or program—and the same account can be used for the SAT Suite of Assessments, AP, CLEP, and BigFuture.
Completing the Parental Consent Form
- The parent/guardian completes all fields on the form.
- The form is submitted using one of the two methods described below.
- Within seven business days of receipt of a fully completed and legible form, a College Board representative will send a link to the student email address provided on the form, also copying the parent’s email address.
- This link must used to reset the password, and update the email address on the account from the temporary within seven days or the link will expire.
- Once the account is created, the student will have access to the Pre-AP and AP platform, as well as other offerings available on the College Board website.
In some of these other offerings, additional personal information may be collected about the student. Some of the additional information may include race, ethnicity, and best language. Although some of these questions will require an answer, there’s an option to select Prefer not to answer.
If the parent/guardian or the student doesn’t want to provide any additional personal information, instruct the student to mark Prefer not to answer. And at any time, be advised that the parent/guardian has the right to request that College Board delete the student’s account at any time after it has been created.
Email [email protected] about any issues with this form or process.
Submitting the Parental Consent Form
If all forms are collected and then submitted by the school: each parent/guardian prints the PDF form, fills it out, sign it, scans it, and emails it as an attachment to you. Then you send the forms to College Board in a single batch to [email protected].
If the parent/guardian emails the form directly to College Board: each parent/guardian will have to fill out the form electronically and email it as an attachment to [email protected]. (We also recommend that the parent cc you on the email so it can be tracked.)
College Board Account Creation for Students Under 13 Form—PDF Version
Consent form for College Board online account creation for students under 13. A parent or guardian of the student must complete this form.