Pre-AP is about achieving results for all students. Here’s how the program is designed to accomplish that.
- Engaging instructional resources meet students where they are.
- Learning checkpoints show teachers where each student needs additional support and focus.
- Effective practice helps every student to build, strengthen, and master content knowledge and skills.
- Flexibility in instructional resources honors the skill and authority of teachers.
- Challenging coursework emphasizes key literacy, quantitative, and analysis skills across all 5 disciplines and reinforces these skills in multiple classroom experiences.
- Open access—a program requirement—means that Pre-AP courses and their high-quality instruction and assessments will serve all students.
|Student Benefits||Teacher Benefits|
Access & Opportunity: Instruction focuses on building important skills and confidence.
Focus: Spend time on fewer, more essential concepts to focus and truly engage students.
Hear how the Pre-AP Program has made an impact.
Pre-AP Perspectives: Student VoicesStudents from each Pre-AP course talk about their experiences.
Pre-AP Empowers Educators to Drive Student GrowthThe principal at a Pre-AP Partner School discusses the positive impact of the program.
Pre-AP Empowers All Students to Take Ownership of Their LearningA Pre-AP Biology teacher shares her observations of how Pre-AP helped students in her classroom.
Pre-AP Challenges All Students to Build Their Critical Thinking SkillsA Pre-AP district coordinator explains how Pre-AP helped students develop the skill set needed to think for themselves.