Get to Know Pre-AP
- Explore our informational videos and FAQs.
- Read the program’s implementation requirements: Pre-AP for All, course frameworks, assessments, and professional learning.
- Make sure you know your school’s Pre-AP coordinator—they’ll act as your point person for the program.
- Familiarize yourself with your Pre-AP course frameworks.
- Meet with colleagues to plan how you’ll use current curricular resources to meet the framework. The framework is not a curriculum.
- We recommend you review course frameworks for all Pre-AP courses at your school—even for subjects you don’t teach—so that courses can support each other instructionally.
Before the Academic Year Starts: Professional Learning
- Complete Course Audit to gain access to Pre-AP Classroom.
- Complete your professional learning requirement, either by attending an in-person Pre-AP Summer Institute or by completing the Online Foundational Module Series plus at last 1 Online Scoring Module.
- Get familiar with Pre-AP Classroom, where you’ll find resources such as the model lessons and assessments. Use the Pre-AP Classroom User Guide for Teachers and Students to help you learn more.
- Sign up for a New Pre-AP Teacher Virtual Cohort to extend your learning from the Online Foundational Module Series.
- Attend 1 or more webinars from the Pre-AP Webinar Series.
At the Beginning of the Academic Year
- At the beginning of the academic year, work with your coordinator to determine a plan for helping students create their accounts and access Pre-AP Classroom.
During the Academic Year
- Align your instruction to the course framework.
- At appropriate points, administer all performance tasks and at least 1 of the 2 learning checkpoints per unit.
- Connect with colleagues at other schools through the Pre-AP Teacher Community.
At the End of the Academic Year
- Administer the final exam during the testing window.