Use this calendar to keep on track as you support your school’s implementation. Note that the manuals and handouts mentioned in this timeline are available for download in the Resource Library.
Program and Role Orientation
- Review the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual.
- Review your Pre-AP coordinator responsibilities and update any contact information with the Pre-AP Program at [email protected].
- Share Course Audit access codes with the Course Audit administrator and school administrators. Ensure all necessary attestations have been completed.
- Review the Pre-AP Additional Course Materials Requirements (located in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual) to plan for additional required materials not included in your Pre-AP instructional materials.
- Use our Pre-AP outreach resources to plan effective and timely outreach activities for the entire school community.
- Ensure that teachers complete the Course Audit process to gain access to Pre-AP Classroom prior to completing the Online Foundational Module Series, a program requirement. Encourage them to attend a Virtual Foundations Cohort and register for relevant Summer Webinars from our free series.
- Provide information and support for educators participating in Online Foundational Module Series.
- Complete the required Online Leadership Workshop. Attend an optional Virtual Foundations Cohort and register for relevant Summer Webinars from our free series.
- Join the Pre-AP Coordinator Community.
- Assist teachers with joining the Pre-AP Teacher Community using the Teacher Community Access Instructions in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual. Coordinators and administrators may also join course teacher communities.
- Access Pre-AP Classroom using your College Board account and Pre-AP coordinator access code. Refer to the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual for guidance on accessing Pre-AP Classroom and managing courses.
- Support school administrator access to Pre-AP Classroom and Pre-AP Communities.
- View Pre-AP Classroom for each course to find teacher guides, student materials, assessments, and professional learning modules. Standards Crosswalks for select states are available on Pre-AP Classroom under respective courses.
Pre-AP Course Audit
- Ensure the Pre-AP Course Audit administrator and all Pre-AP course teachers have completed the Course Audit process for the 2020- 21 school year by October 15, 2020.
- Prepare campus technology for student and educator access to Pre-AP Classroom (see the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual for details) and ensure technical and instructional support.
- Ensure all Pre-AP course teachers have gained access to their Pre-AP teacher communities and Pre-AP Classroom for their course(s). Check to be certain students participating in Pre-AP courses are listed on course rosters by teacher.
- Provide support for students and teachers as students create new College Board Student accounts or reset access to previously created student accounts. See Pre-AP Classroom Student Onboarding and Support and Account Support information in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual.
- Distribute College Board Student Account creation request forms to any students under the age of 13. Review Pre-AP Classroom Account Creation for Students Under 13 in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual to complete all required steps by the deadline.
- Confirm instructional materials have been received and distributed to Pre-AP teachers and students. For assistance with instructional material orders, contact Pre-AP at [email protected].
- Read the Pre-AP Assessment Guidelines in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual to understand the Pre-AP learning checkpoints and performance tasks. Support teachers in the administration of the learning checkpoints, scoring of performance tasks, and use of student performance data.
- Visit Pre-AP classrooms and provide instructional support to teachers.
- Support teachers in completing the required Online Foundational Module Series and any additional professional learning requirements outlined by your school or district.
- Share the required Online Foundational Module Series with new Pre-AP course teachers and leaders joining the staff mid-year.
- Order additional Pre-AP course instructional materials for the spring if needed. For assistance with instructional material orders, contact Pre-AP at [email protected].
- Ensure Pre-AP course teachers are completing the Online Scoring Modules for their performance tasks. The modules are located on Pre-AP Classroom. Additional information is available in Pre-AP Assessment Guidelines in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual.
- Prepare for and administer the Pre-AP Final Exams (if applicable). Administration dates will be published on Pre-AP Classroom. Pre-AP Chemistry, Pre-AP English 2, and Pre-AP Geometry with Statistics will have final exams beginning in the 2021-22 school year. Confirm technology requirements are reviewed and met prior to final exam administration.
- Prepare for Pre-AP Summer Institutes by visiting the Professional Learning page. Registration for the 2021 Pre-AP Summer Institutes for new Pre-AP course teachers and leaders opens in February 2021. All Pre-AP course teachers and one leader are expected to attend a Pre-AP Summer Institute or complete Online Foundational Module Series to meet program requirements.