Use this calendar to keep on track as you support your school’s implementation. Note that the manuals and handouts mentioned in this timeline are available for download in the Resource Library.
Program and Role Orientation
- Confirm designated roles for Pre-AP coordinator, Pre-AP administrator(s), and Pre-AP Course Audit administrator for 2020–2021
- Download the 2020-21 Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual and review your Pre-AP coordinator responsibilities.
- Update any contact information with the Pre-AP Program at [email protected].
- Use Pre-AP outreach resources to plan effective and timely outreach activities for the entire school community. See the sample meeting resources in the Resource Library.
Pre-AP Course Audit
- Share Course Audit access codes with the Course Audit administrator and school administrators. The Course Audit administrator access code is emailed to the Pre-AP coordinator once orders are finalized.
- Ensure the Pre-AP Course Audit administrator and all Pre-AP course teachers have completed the Course Audit process as soon as possible to ensure access to instructional resources and professional learning modules on Pre-AP Classroom. All teachers must complete the Course Audit for the 2020-21 school year by October 15, 2020.
- Access Pre-AP Classroom using your College Board account and Pre-AP coordinator access code. The Pre-AP coordinator access code is emailed to the Pre-AP coordinator once orders are finalized. Refer to the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual or Pre-AP Classroom Getting Started Guide – Coordinators for guidance on accessing Pre-AP Classroom and managing courses.
- Support school administrator access to Pre-AP Classroom. Share the Pre-AP Classroom Getting Started Guide – Administrators and the Pre-AP administrator access code (emailed to Pre-AP coordinator)
- Join the Pre-AP Coordinator Community, and encourage administrators to join the community.
- Complete the required Online Leadership Workshop on Pre-AP Classroom.
- Ensure that teachers complete the Course Audit process to gain access to the Online Foundational Module Series on Pre-AP Classroom, a program requirement.
- Provide information and support for educators participating in Online Foundational Module Series.
- Encourage teachers and leaders to attend a Live Virtual Cohort and register for relevant Summer Webinars from our free series
- Confirm instructional materials have been received and distributed to Pre-AP teachers and students. For assistance with instructional material orders, contact Pre-AP at [email protected].
- Review the Pre-AP Additional Course Materials Requirements in the Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual or on respective course pages to identify required materials not included in your Pre-AP instructional materials.
- View Pre-AP Classroom for each course to find teacher guides, student materials, assessments, and professional learning modules. Standards Crosswalks for select states are available on Pre-AP Classroom under respective courses.
Pre-AP Course Audit
- Confirm Course Audit completion for the 2020-21 school year by October 15, 2020.
- Prepare technology to support student access to Pre-AP Classroom and ensure technical and instructional support (see 2020-21 Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual for details).
- Check to be certain students participating in Pre-AP courses are listed on course rosters by teacher.
- Provide support for students and teachers as students create new College Board Student accounts or reset access to previously created student accounts. See Pre-AP Classroom Student Onboarding and Support and Account Support information in the 2020-21 Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual or the Pre-AP Classroom Student Onboarding and Support Guide.
- Watch this video that walks you through accessing and using Pre-AP Classroom for a student account.
- Distribute College Board Student Account creation request forms to any students under the age of 13. Review Pre-AP Classroom Account Creation for Students Under 13 in the 2020-21 Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual to complete all required steps by the deadline. Request required documents and assistance at [email protected].
- Read the Pre-AP Assessment Guidelines in the 2020-21 Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual to understand the Pre-AP learning checkpoints and performance tasks. Support teachers in the administration of the learning checkpoints, scoring of performance tasks, and use of student performance data.
- Visit Pre-AP classrooms and provide instructional support to teachers.
- Explore available resources in the Resource Library and the Pre-AP Leader Resources on Pre-AP Classroom to support your work.
- Support teachers in completing the required Online Foundational Module Series and any additional professional learning requirements outlined by your school or district.
- Share the required Online Foundational Module Series with new Pre-AP course teachers and leaders joining the staff midyear.
- Ensure Pre-AP course teachers are completing the Online Performance Task Scoring Modules for their performance tasks. The modules are located on Pre-AP Classroom. Additional information is available in Pre-AP Assessment Guidelines in the 2020-21 Pre-AP Coordinator’s Manual.
- Consider Pre-AP Readiness Workshops for teachers not yet implementing Pre-AP, but who may be interested in doing so in the future.
- Order additional Pre-AP course instructional materials for the spring if needed. For assistance with orders, contact Pre-AP at [email protected].
- Use the Coordinator Guide for Pre-AP Assessment Reporting and Usage to view teacher and student use of Pre-AP Classroom, administration and results of assessments, and teacher completion of Online Foundational Modules Series and Online Performance Task Scoring Modules.
- Facilitate discussions with teachers and leaders around instructional practices and assessment for learning. Use Best Practices for Using Assessment Data and the Shared Principles Instructional Practices in Pre-AP Leader Resources on Pre-AP Classroom for support.
- Prepare for and administer the Pre-AP Final Exams (if applicable). Exams should be administered between May 17 and June 18, 2021. Pre-AP Chemistry, Pre-AP English 2, and Pre-AP Geometry with Statistics will have final exams beginning in the 2021-22 school year. Confirm technology requirements are reviewed and met prior to final exam administration.
- Prepare for professional learning by visiting the Pre-AP Professional Learning page. Registration for the 2021 Live Virtual Cohorts for Pre-AP course teachers and leaders opens April 19, 2021. All new Pre-AP course teachers and 1 leader are expected to complete the Online Foundational Module Series to meet program requirements.
- Elicit feedback on your Pre-AP courses to inform goals for the upcoming school year. Consider a variety of methods that allow teachers, students, and parents to provide their input, including sending surveys or facilitating focus groups.
- Revisit Pre-AP outreach resources and sample meeting resources in the Resource Library to plan year-end activities. Consider hosting a meeting or “Pre-AP night” (in-person or virtually) to orient incoming students and parents to your program.