Before the School Year 2020-21
- Make sure you know who your school’s Pre-AP coordinator is.
- Get familiar with the course framework for the Pre-AP course(s) you’re teaching.
- Meet with your colleagues to plan how to use your current curricular resources to meet the framework. The framework is not a curriculum.
- We recommend you review course frameworks for all Pre-AP courses that your school will offer, even for subjects you don’t teach, if time permits. We’ve heard that teachers find it helpful to plan and pace across subjects because the courses support each other instructionally.
- Explore our informational videos and FAQs.
- Understand all the program requirements—see the list.
- Complete the required Online Foundational Module Series, if you haven’t already.
- Sign up for a Virtual Foundations Cohort to extend your learning from the Online Foundational Module Series.
- Attend one or more webinar from the Summer Learning Webinar Series.
- Get familiar with Pre-AP Classroom, where you’ll find resources such as the model lessons and assessments.
School Year 2020-21
- At the beginning of the school year, work with your coordinator to determine a plan for helping students create their accounts and access Pre-AP Classroom.
- Complete at least 1 Online Scoring Module for performance tasks, a program requirement.
- Teach your course, aligning instruction to the course framework.
- Over the school year, at appropriate points, administer at least 1 of the 2 learning checkpoints per unit and all the performance tasks.
- If selecting to use the final exam, administer it at the end of the year, during the testing window.
Remember that it may take time to adjust your instruction—and that’s OK. Connect with your fellow Pre-AP teachers early and often to share experiences and best practices.